Subject: bug#8790: 24.0.50; abort

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 15:01:08 -0400

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.7 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2011-05-31 on tbox
Windowing system distributor `Colin Harrison', version 11.0.60900031
configured using `configure  '--exec-prefix=/opt/emacs/lucid' '--prefix=/opt/emacs' '--with-x-toolkit=lucid''

during cut/paste:

-- #0  0x0000003b42e306f7 in kill () from /lib64/libc.so.6
#1  0x00000000004e7d55 in abort ()
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/emacs.c:375
#2  0x000000000055e436 in internal_condition_case_n (
    bfun=0x55cb60 <Ffuncall>, nargs=3, args=0x7fffafd40470, 
    handlers=11763538, hfun=0x435920 <safe_eval_handler>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:1625
#3  0x000000000042caa2 in safe_call (nargs=3, args=0x7fffafd40470)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/xdisp.c:2156
#4  0x00000000004897fc in encode_coding_object (coding=0x7fffafd404f0, 
    src_object=550680817, from=0, from_byte=0, to=65, to_byte=65, 
    dst_object=11763538) at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/coding.c:7826
#5  0x000000000048a748 in code_convert_string (string=550680817, 
    coding_system=12117666, dst_object=11763538, encodep=1, 
    nocopy=<value optimized out>, norecord=1)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/coding.c:8940
#6  0x000000000055cf09 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3050
#7  0x0000000000591052 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<value optimized out>, 
    vector=0, maxdepth=209, args_template=11763490, nargs=0, args=0x0)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/bytecode.c:783
#8  0x000000000055ca80 in funcall_lambda (fun=9764845, nargs=3, 
    arg_vector=0x7fffafd40a48) at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3272
#9  0x000000000055cd77 in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3100
#10 0x000000000055d174 in call3 (fn=<value optimized out>, 
    arg1=<value optimized out>, arg2=5153, arg3=-1)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:2838
#11 0x00000000004ca18d in x_get_local_selection (selection_symbol=11805298, 
    target_type=5153, local_request=0, dpyinfo=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/xselect.c:400
#12 0x00000000004ca47b in x_convert_selection (event=0x7fffafd40cb0, 
    selection_symbol=5153, target_symbol=6, property=226, 
    for_multiple=4413728, dpyinfo=0x1)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/xselect.c:885
#13 0x00000000004cafa0 in x_handle_selection_request (event=0x7fffafd40cb0)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/xselect.c:839
#14 x_handle_selection_event (event=0x7fffafd40cb0)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/xselect.c:999
#15 0x00000000004f3acc in swallow_events (do_display=0)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/keyboard.c:4170
#16 0x0000000000597845 in wait_reading_process_output (time_limit=20, 
    microsecs=0, read_kbd=0, do_display=0, wait_for_cell=12050566, 
    wait_proc=0x0, just_wait_proc=0)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/process.c:4651
#17 0x00000000004c96bc in x_get_foreign_selection (
    selection_symbol=<value optimized out>, target_type=12117138, 
    time_stamp=<value optimized out>, frame=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/xselect.c:1263
#18 0x000000000055cf09 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3050
#19 0x0000000000591052 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<value optimized out>, 
    vector=0, maxdepth=11, args_template=11763490, nargs=0, args=0x0)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/bytecode.c:783
#20 0x000000000055ca80 in funcall_lambda (fun=9763005, nargs=2, 
    arg_vector=0x7fffafd41428) at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3272
#21 0x000000000055cd77 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3100
#22 0x0000000000591052 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<value optimized out>, 
    vector=10069597, maxdepth=3, args_template=11763490, nargs=0, args=0x0)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/bytecode.c:783
#23 0x000000000055c367 in eval_sub (form=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:2392
#24 0x000000000055ecef in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=11763490, 
    bodyform=10069518, handlers=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:1454
#25 0x0000000000591d37 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<value optimized out>, 
    vector=0, maxdepth=41, args_template=11763490, nargs=0, args=0x0)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/bytecode.c:979
#26 0x000000000055ca80 in funcall_lambda (fun=10069293, nargs=1, 
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
    arg_vector=0x7fffafd41908) at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3272
#27 0x000000000055cd77 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3100
#28 0x0000000000591052 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<value optimized out>, 
    vector=0, maxdepth=71, args_template=11763490, nargs=0, args=0x0)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/bytecode.c:783
#29 0x000000000055ca80 in funcall_lambda (fun=10069789, nargs=0, 
    arg_vector=0x7fffafd41ab8) at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3272
#30 0x000000000055cd77 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3100
#31 0x0000000000591052 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<value optimized out>, 
    vector=0, maxdepth=73, args_template=11763490, nargs=0, args=0x0)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/bytecode.c:783
#32 0x000000000055ca80 in funcall_lambda (fun=9316725, nargs=3, 
    arg_vector=0x7fffafd41c88) at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3272
#33 0x000000000055cd77 in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3100
#34 0x0000000000591052 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<value optimized out>, 
    vector=0, maxdepth=27, args_template=11763490, nargs=0, args=0x0)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/bytecode.c:783
#35 0x000000000055c367 in eval_sub (form=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:2392
#36 0x000000000055ecef in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=11763490, 
    bodyform=9318078, handlers=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:1454
#37 0x0000000000591d37 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<value optimized out>, 
    vector=0, maxdepth=12, args_template=11763490, nargs=0, args=0x0)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/bytecode.c:979
#38 0x000000000055ca80 in funcall_lambda (fun=9317877, nargs=2, 
    arg_vector=0x7fffafd42168) at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3272
#39 0x000000000055cd77 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3100
#40 0x0000000000591052 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<value optimized out>, 
    vector=9341205, maxdepth=3, args_template=11763490, nargs=0, args=0x0)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/bytecode.c:783
#41 0x000000000055ca80 in funcall_lambda (fun=9341109, nargs=1, 
    arg_vector=0x7fffafd42318) at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3272
#42 0x000000000055cd77 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3100
#43 0x0000000000591052 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<value optimized out>, 
    vector=9341301, maxdepth=2, args_template=11763490, nargs=0, args=0x0)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/bytecode.c:783
#44 0x000000000055ca80 in funcall_lambda (fun=9341237, nargs=1, 
    arg_vector=0x7fffafd42508) at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3272
#45 0x000000000055cd77 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3100
#46 0x00000000005597ac in Fcall_interactively (function=13439682, 
    record_flag=11763490, keys=539881957)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/callint.c:852
#47 0x000000000055ceee in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3046
#48 0x000000000055d174 in call3 (fn=<value optimized out>, 
    arg1=<value optimized out>, arg2=5153, arg3=-1)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:2838
#49 0x00000000004fb90a in command_loop_1 ()
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/keyboard.c:1561
#50 0x000000000055e991 in internal_condition_case (
    bfun=0x4fb570 <command_loop_1>, handlers=11815714, 
    hfun=0x4f8c50 <cmd_error>) at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:1507
#51 0x00000000004f887a in command_loop_2 (ignore=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/keyboard.c:1156
#52 0x000000000055ea88 in internal_catch (tag=<value optimized out>, 
    func=0x4f8860 <command_loop_2>, arg=11763490)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:1261
#53 0x00000000004f8e49 in command_loop ()
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/keyboard.c:1121
#54 recursive_edit_1 () at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/keyboard.c:756
#55 0x0000000000519775 in read_minibuf (map=11744054, initial=554769633, 
    prompt=<value optimized out>, backup_n=<value optimized out>, expflag=0, 
    histvar=11825410, histpos=0, defalt=535398017, allow_props=0, 
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
    inherit_input_method=0) at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/minibuf.c:659
#56 0x0000000000519eac in Fcompleting_read_default (prompt=8740793, 
    collection=<value optimized out>, predicate=<value optimized out>, 
    require_match=<value optimized out>, initial_input=554769633, 
    hist=11825410, def=535398017, inherit_input_method=11763490)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/minibuf.c:1743
#57 0x000000000055cfaa in Ffuncall (nargs=9, args=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3072
#58 0x0000000000517dbe in Fcompleting_read (prompt=<value optimized out>, 
    collection=<value optimized out>, predicate=5153, require_match=-1, 
    initial_input=4413728, hist=1, def=535398017, 
    inherit_input_method=11763490)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/minibuf.c:1689
#59 0x000000000055cfaa in Ffuncall (nargs=8, args=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3072
#60 0x0000000000591052 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<value optimized out>, 
    vector=0, maxdepth=135, args_template=6148, nargs=6, args=0x0)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/bytecode.c:783
#61 0x000000000055cd77 in Ffuncall (nargs=7, args=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3100
#62 0x0000000000591052 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<value optimized out>, 
    vector=0, maxdepth=5, args_template=6148, nargs=4, args=0x7fffafd43228)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/bytecode.c:783
#63 0x000000000055cd77 in Ffuncall (nargs=5, args=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3100
#64 0x0000000000591052 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<value optimized out>, 
    vector=8788733, maxdepth=5, args_template=11763490, nargs=0, args=0x0)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/bytecode.c:783
#65 0x000000000055ca80 in funcall_lambda (fun=8788637, nargs=2, 
    arg_vector=0x7fffafd433c8) at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3272
#66 0x000000000055cd77 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3100
#67 0x0000000000591052 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<value optimized out>, 
    vector=8789157, maxdepth=3, args_template=11763490, nargs=0, args=0x0)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/bytecode.c:783
#68 0x000000000055c367 in eval_sub (form=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:2392
#69 0x000000000055c63d in Feval (form=8789078, lexical=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:2236
#70 0x000000000055813e in Fcall_interactively (function=12258418, 
    record_flag=11763490, keys=539881957)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/callint.c:346
#71 0x000000000055ceee in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:3046
#72 0x000000000055d174 in call3 (fn=<value optimized out>, 
    arg1=<value optimized out>, arg2=5153, arg3=-1)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:2838
#73 0x00000000004fb90a in command_loop_1 ()
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/keyboard.c:1561
#74 0x000000000055e991 in internal_condition_case (
    bfun=0x4fb570 <command_loop_1>, handlers=11815714, 
    hfun=0x4f8c50 <cmd_error>) at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:1507
#75 0x00000000004f887a in command_loop_2 (ignore=<value optimized out>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/keyboard.c:1156
#76 0x000000000055ea88 in internal_catch (tag=<value optimized out>, 
    func=0x4f8860 <command_loop_2>, arg=11763490)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:1261
#77 0x00000000004f8edc in command_loop ()
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/keyboard.c:1135
#78 recursive_edit_1 () at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/keyboard.c:756
#79 0x00000000004f901f in Frecursive_edit ()
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/keyboard.c:820
#80 0x00000000004e8d82 in main (argc=2, argv=0x7fffafd440a8)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/emacs.c:1693

Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on CentOS release 5.6 (Final) X 11.0.60900031
http://truepeace.org http://ffii.org http://mideasttruth.com
http://honestreporting.com http://jihadwatch.org
Is there another word for synonym?