Subject: bug#8786: 24.0.50; infinite loop in try_scrolling

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 10:47:57 -0400

> Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 16:35:13 +0300
> From: Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <[email-masked]>
> 
> 
> Sometimes, when I'm running erc, it seems to hit an infinite loop in the
> function try_scrolling. I have no exact steps to reproduce, but at least it
> seems to happen when invoking 'anything' (C-x b in my case).
> 
> Below, the backtrace I get with gdb when I attach it to the process:

Thanks.  Could you please use the procedure described in etc/DEBUG
beginning with "If Emacs is in an infinite loop, try to determine
where the loop starts and ends", and report here where it loops?

Also, please invoke GDB from the src/ directory in the Emacs source
tree, so that it picks up the .gdbinit file that defines various
useful commands.  E.g., the backtrace shows the Lisp backtrace as
well.

> when print 'it', I get:

Please use the "pit" command to display the contents of `it' in a
human-readable form.  (That command is defined bu src/.gdbinit.)