Subject: bug#878 closed by Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#878: indent-rigidly-reverse)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#878: indent-rigidly-reverse

It has been closed by Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
878: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=878
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems
>From [email-masked] Thu Sep  4 07:01:00 2008
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: bug#878: indent-rigidly-reverse
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 10:00:15 -0400

>> Hitting C-x e over and over is much harder than e.g., C-x C-e, which
> In Emacs-22, both C-x z and C-x e can be repeated with "C-x z z z z z"
> or "C-x e e e e e".  Both are solutions to your problem:

> C-u - 1 C-x C-i C-x z z z z z z z z

>From [email-masked] Wed Sep  3 18:54:48 2008
To: [email-masked]
Subject: indent-rigidly-reverse
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 09:54:36 +0800

indent-rigidly is great, as I hit C-x C-i over and over, the lines
more further and further to the right.

OK, now I hereby challenge you to move those lines slowly back the
other way in the same fashion. Simple you say: use an argument of -1.
But then it becomes a giant pain trying to do that over and over.

OK, one could make a keyboard macro to do it, but still no fun.
Hitting C-x e over and over is much harder than e.g., C-x C-e, which
often one hits by accident when trying to hit the former.

Therefore you should implement a indent-rigidly-reverse and bind it to
some key, else you are offering one-way joyrides.