Subject: Re: bug#8779: 24.0.50; clipboard manager problem on gnome?

From: David De La Harpe Golden <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 05:11:37 +0100

On 03/06/11 07:41, Thierry Volpiatto wrote:
 >>> GNOME 2.32.1

> Also, i am using ubuntu 11.04.

So I remembered it's the future, and I brought up a fresh install of 
ubuntu-11.04-desktop-i386 in a kvm vm.

Under the "Ubuntu Classic" (i.e. real gnome) session, afraid I can't see 
the issue.

I couldn't test the full "Ubuntu" session (i.e. ubuntu's "Unity" 
...thing) as it needs 3d hw.

I installed and tested their "Unity 2D" session though, no issue (it 
still has a normal gnome-settings-daemon running).

Which of the above are you using?  Probably the first, but just thought 
I should check - it's still possible that the session I can't currently 
test does something funny, though I doubt it.

So the issue may well be local to your machine and/or caused by some 
extra thing you have installed. It doesn't seem to be an issue with 
gnome 2.32.1 in general.