Subject: Re: bug#8779: 24.0.50; clipboard manager problem on gnome?

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 07:32:44 +0200

David De La Harpe Golden <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 03/06/11 07:41, Thierry Volpiatto wrote:
>
>> After updating Emacs, i didn't have this message anymore, but emacs is
>> slow to quit.
>
> You mean you updated from the bzr trunk, not applied any patches? If
> so, what bzr revision number?  As savannah's been having problems I'm
> not quite sure I'm running the latest trunk (r104481 in my case), but
> I don't see any changes that should be relevant - i.e. I don't think
> the exit-after timeout adjustment as discussed in #8760 has been
> committed yet.
104480

> Can you now actually copy in emacs, then close emacs,  then paste into
> other apps the text you copied in emacs?  (wondering if you somehow
> have a strangely "slow" clipboard manager that minor fluctuations have
> now brought within your rebuilt emacs' timeout period)
Yes

> Did you logout and in again (i.e. a new gnome session) in the
> meantime? (might have restarted the daemon emacs is trying to talk to
> - 
> gnome-settings-daemon in the usual gnome case)
Usually i hibernate, but yes i had to logout/in these last days.

>> On an emacs -Q, debug-on-entry on save-buffers-kill-emacs show always
>> same error.
>
> What error do you mean?  The earlier output you showed was not an
> error, just a pretty normal call stack, you'd have to step through a
> fair bit from the entry to save-buffers-kill-emacs before hitting the
> point where emacs tries to talk to the clipboard manager (and that's
> in C anyway).
Yes you're right, that's due to the timeout in this case.

-- 
A+ Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997