Subject: bug#8779: 24.0.50; clipboard manager problem on gnome?

From: David De La Harpe Golden <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 03:38:14 +0100

On 03/06/11 07:41, Thierry Volpiatto wrote:

> After updating Emacs, i didn't have this message anymore, but emacs is
> slow to quit.

You mean you updated from the bzr trunk, not applied any patches? If so, 
what bzr revision number?  As savannah's been having problems I'm not 
quite sure I'm running the latest trunk (r104481 in my case), but I 
don't see any changes that should be relevant - i.e. I don't think the 
exit-after timeout adjustment as discussed in #8760 has been committed yet.

Can you now actually copy in emacs, then close emacs,  then paste into 
other apps the text you copied in emacs?  (wondering if you somehow have 
a strangely "slow" clipboard manager that minor fluctuations have now 
brought within your rebuilt emacs' timeout period)

Did you logout and in again (i.e. a new gnome session) in the meantime? 
(might have restarted the daemon emacs is trying to talk to - 
gnome-settings-daemon in the usual gnome case)

> On an emacs -Q, debug-on-entry on save-buffers-kill-emacs show always
> same error.

What error do you mean?  The earlier output you showed was not an error, 
just a pretty normal call stack, you'd have to step through a fair bit 
from the entry to save-buffers-kill-emacs before hitting the point where 
emacs tries to talk to the clipboard manager (and that's in C anyway).