Subject: bug#8779: 24.0.50; save-buffers-kill-terminal called with two args?

From: thierry <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 07:41:06 +0200

Hi all,
sometimes, when i quit emacs i have:

save-buffers-kill-emacs: Timed out waiting for reply from selection owner

Can't reproduce at every time, but many times during last 2 days.

M-x debug-on-entry RET save-buffers-kill-emacs
=>
Debugger entered--entering a function:
  save-buffers-kill-emacs(nil)
* save-buffers-kill-terminal(nil)
  call-interactively(save-buffers-kill-terminal nil nil)

This show error at everytime in emacs -Q

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2011-05-31 on thierry-MM061
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11001000
configured using `configure  '--with-x-toolkit=lucid''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<up> <up> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> C-h f <return> 
C-x C-² <down> <down> C-e SPC n i l ) <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> C-SPC C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n M-w M-x 
r e p o <return>

Recent messages:
Local value of py-indent-offset set to 2
Using the CPython shell
Restoring buffers...91%
OVERVIEW
Restoring buffers...93%
OVERVIEW
Restoring buffers...done
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.
Mark set

Load-path shadows:
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/.dir-locals hides ~/elisp/org-active/.dir-locals
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/lpath hides ~/elisp/emacs-wget/lpath
~/elisp/AC/popup hides ~/elisp/popup
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/password-cache hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/password-cache
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/format-spec hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/format-spec
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/color hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/color
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/md4 hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/md4
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/hex-util hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/hex-util
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/dns-mode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/textmodes/dns-mode
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/imap hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/imap
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/hmac-md5 hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-md5
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/dig hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/dig
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/sasl hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/sasl-cram hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-cram
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/sasl-digest hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-digest
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/tls hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/tls
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/dns hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/dns
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/hmac-def hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-def
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/netrc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/netrc
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/ntlm hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/ntlm
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/sasl-ntlm hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/binhex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/mail/binhex
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/hashcash hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/mail/hashcash
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/uudecode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/mail/uudecode
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/parse-time hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/calendar/parse-time
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/time-date hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/calendar/time-date
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/pgg-parse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/obsolete/pgg-parse
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/pgg hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/obsolete/pgg
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/pgg-pgp5 hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/obsolete/pgg-pgp5
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/pgg-pgp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/obsolete/pgg-pgp
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/pgg-def hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/obsolete/pgg-def
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/pgg-gpg hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/obsolete/pgg-gpg

Features:
(shadow gnus-cite gnus-dired mail-extr gnus-msg emacsbug help-mode view
sh-script vc-rcs lua-mode vc-bzr bzr-dvc bzr conf-mode preview prv-emacs
tex-buf reftex-vcr reftex-dcr reftex-auc reftex imenu reftex-vars
font-latex latex tex-style tex latexenc vc-git xgit-dvc xgit
xgit-annotate dvc-annotate xgit-log xhg-dvc xhg xhg-annotate xhg-mq
xhg-log anything-esh em-unix em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred
em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic esh-opt em-banner em-alias esh-var
esh-io esh-cmd esh-ext esh-proc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode
bzr-core xdarcs-core xgit-core xhg-core xmtn-minimal tla smerge-mode
newcomment dvc-state dvc-config dvc-diff dvc-fileinfo diff dvc-cmenu
dvc-about dvc-version dvc-revlist uniquify align-let server googlecl
google-maps google-maps-static google-maps-geocode google-maps-base json
simple-call-tree el-expectations el-mock csv2org iedit zop-to-char
mule-util elscreen smallurl mm-url xml-weather rectangle-utils tv-utils
eldoc-eval eldoc pcvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info pcvs-defs auto-document
autodoc mb-depth ioccur moz cl-info slime-xref-browser slime-banner
slime-tramp slime-asdf slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu
slime-references slime-scratch slime-presentations slime-fuzzy
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-parse slime-repl slime apropos hideshow hyperspec slime-autoloads
boxquote rect image-file newsticker newst-treeview newst-plainview
newst-reader newst-ticker newst-backend ledger-config ledger esh-arg
esh-util lpr woman man two-column em-term term ehelp electric esh-toggle
em-xtra flymake pdbtrack no-word regex-tool whitespace paren time
dired-tar dired-extension image-dired yaoddmuse skeleton sgml-mode
emms-mplayer-config emms-playlist-limit emms-volume emms-volume-amixer
emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-lastfm-client parse-time
emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort
emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time
emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line
emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode
emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer emms-info emms-streams later-do
emms-source-playlist emms-source-file emms-player-simple emms-setup emms
emms-compat winner dvc-init bzr-gnus tla-gnus xgit-gnus xhg-gnus
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nnir gnus-sum nnoo
gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader dvc-gnus tla-core
tla-autoconf tla-defs dvc-log vc vc-dispatcher dvc-unified dvc-tips
dired-x ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util
ediff-mult ediff-init ediff dvc-autoloads dvc-core dvc-lisp dvc-buffers
dvc-ui dvc-register dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc dvc-defs dvc-site psvn
log-edit pcvs-util add-log diff-mode htmlize-hack htmlize muse-colors
muse-docbook muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo muse-latex muse-html
muse-xml-common muse-wiki cus-edit cus-start cus-load muse-publish
muse-project muse-protocols muse-regexps muse muse-nested-tags muse-mode
muse-autoloads org-config-thierry org-crypt cal-china lunar solar
cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs vc-hg
org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo
org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-info org-gnus
org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-agenda appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs org-annotation-helper org-capture org-mks remember
org-remember org-datetree config-w3m mime-w3m w3m doc-view jka-compr
image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon
w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util mime eword-decode mel path-util mime-parse
std11 luna mime-def alist mcharset mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces pces-e20 pces-20
broken pcustom poe pym static apel-ver product w3m-load
addressbook-bookmark message sendmail rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader firefox-protocol
bookmark-firefox-handler url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap
bookmark-extensions org ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete
pcomplete org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs noutline
outline cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs bookmark pp recentf tree-widget
wid-edit savehist init-anything-thierry descbinds-anything
anything-ipython ipython python-mode info-look ansi-color executable
shell shell-history anything-complete anything-show-completion
anything-obsolete anything-match-plugin anything-delicious xml
anything-mercurial anything-config browse-url rx grep compile comint
ring tramp tramp-compat format-spec tramp-loaddefs dired-aux ffap
thingatpt anything warnings epa-file epa derived epg epg-config
auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp assoc
gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache dired regexp-opt
gnus-load usage-memo punycode idna naquadah-theme eev-thierry edmacro
kmacro iterator eev-all eev-mini-steps eev-browse-url eev-langs
eev-compose eev-glyphs disp-table eev-insert eev-steps eev-bounded eev
easy-mmode advice help-fns advice-preload w3m-wget preview-latex
tex-site auto-loads info easymenu cl tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
A+ Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997