Subject: bug#8779: 24.0.50; clipboard manager problem on gnome?

From: David De La Harpe Golden <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 01:34:38 +0100

On 02/06/11 05:51, Thierry Volpiatto wrote:
> David De La Harpe Golden<[email-masked]>  writes:

>> Please see bug #8760, it is likely your issue too:
>> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8760
> Yes it is the same.
>
>> However, you may be running a different desktop environment, so: What
>> desktop environment (KDE, GNOME, XFCE, ...) and what version of it are
>> you using, if any?
> GNOME 2.32.1

Erk. Gnome hasn't shown problems previously, at least not with its 
normal builtin clipboard manager (in gnome-settings-daemon). The way 
xfce fixed their problems was by basing their new clipboard manager on 
gnome's!  However, I do not see any problem with gnome 2.30.2 on my 
system.  I don't know what gnome version Chong Yidong was testing with.

Just in case: Are you running anything else "clipboard related" on your 
system? Say an alternative/extended clipboard history (may show up as a 
little clipboard icon in your system tray).