Subject: bug#8766: Bug in sha1sum?

From: Theo Band <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 12:51:01 +0200

Hi

I'm not sure, but I think I found a bug in sha1sum. It's easy to
reproduce with any file that contains a backslash (\) in the name:
echo test > test
$ sha1sum test
4e1243bd22c66e76c2ba9eddc1f91394e57f9f83  test
$ mv test 'test\test'
$ sha1sum 'test\test'
\4e1243bd22c66e76c2ba9eddc1f91394e57f9f83  test\\test

I expect the file sha1sum to be the same after renaming the file (a
backslash is prepended to the otherwise correct result).

sha1sum --version
sha1sum (GNU coreutils) 5.97
coreutils-5.97-23.el5_6.4

Kind regards,
Theo Band

-- 

GreenPeak Technologies

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone :  +31 30 711 5622                             Vinkenburgstraat 2a
E-mail:  [email-masked]                          3512AB Utrecht
Skype :  Theo.Band-greenpeak                             The Netherlands
                                                http://www.greenpeak.com
  .-.   CONFIDENTIALITY: this message, including possible attachment(s),
  /v\   constitutes confidential GreenPeak information, intended for the
 // \\  use of above named addressee(s) only; any other use or
/(   )\ disclosure to anyone other than addressee(s), is prohibited.
 ^^-^^  Chamber of Commerce NL-3210.56.42.
------------------------------------------------------------------------