Subject: Re: bug#8758: New package: ninja

From: matthew <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 16:59:54 -0600

Someone did answer back then, somewhere (maybe not on this list). I 
remember trying to submit to ELPA and agreeing to assign copyright to 
the FSF, but being asked to sign a document that also assigned copyright 
of every other Emacs package I'd written to the FSF too. I went back and 
forth with the FSF lawyer for a few emails, where he kept making small 
changes to the document that didn't really solve the problem, until I 
gave up.

I'll look into submitting to Marmalade, thanks!

On 02/25/2016 12:54 AM, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Sorry, I think we all forgot to answer the question some years back...
>
> I think it's the same way as with Emacs -- somebody just has to check it
> in to the ELPA repository instead.
>
> The copyright has to be assigned to the FSF for ELPA contributions,
> too.  Would you be OK with doing that?  For Marmalade, I don't think you
> have to...
>
> Matthew Styskal <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> What's the procedure to submit to there?
>>
>> ________________________________________
>> From: Stefan Monnier [[email-masked]]
>> Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2012 4:42 PM
>> To: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
>> =, [email-masked]
>> Cc: Matthew Styskal; [email-masked]
>> Subject: Re: bug#8758: New package: ninja
>>
>>>> One of the shortcomings Emacs seemed to have to me was its lack of
>>>> original action games; it has implementations of classics like Pong
>>>> and Snake, but no games of its own. So I wrote one (see the
>>>> attachment). It has a pretty stiff learning curve, but hey, so does
>>>> Emacs.
>>> There hasn't been many (or any?) new games included in the Emacs
>>> distribution the last few years, but perhaps this would be appropriate
>>> for inclusion in the Emacs Lisp Package Archive or Marmalade instead?
>> It would be great in GNU ELPA, yes,
>>
>>          Stefan