Subject: unarchive 11741

From: Alejandro Benitez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 00:59:35 -0300

unarchive 11741

Hi,

Looks like this actually is a regression as the steps to reproduce
that described the OP are not the the same as the know problem.

1. I start an Emacs daemon, even outside of X
2. then open an emacsclient frame in X
3. then C-x 5 0
4. then exit X
5. the daemon dies

Step 3 means that the frame should be deleted before the X server for
that frame would supposedly crash or exit unexpectedly. The actual
problem is that the frame is not successfully deleted before exiting X,
although it looks like it does. Emacs 23.4.1 does delete the frame
successfully, so when I exit the X server I don't get a "there is
currently 1 client connected" message that when I get with Emacs 24.1.

I was able to reproduce this in Emacs 24.1 i686-pc-cygwin, GTK+.
Emacs 23.4.1 i686-pc-cygwin, GTK+ does not die after performing the
4 steps above.