Subject: Strange '1;2600;0' symbols appear when starting from console

From: HighCat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 20:37:56 +0400

When open file from console, there are some strange symbols pasted on the
cursor position:  "1;2600;0".
This happens accidentally if you type something while emacs still starting.

Easily reproduced when you run Emacs from ssh session on remote server.
Somewhat harder to do this on local machine — but I managed to reproduce it
1-2 times.

I use:
Emacs 23.3.1, self-compiled, and also reproduced on older versions (from
Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10 packages).
GNOME Terminal 2.32.0
Remote server, when ssh'ing — Ubuntu 10.04.2

There's some duscussion of the problem here:
http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.help/browse_thread/thread/dca1b7286458aaf5

I consider it a bug, as it's embarrassing for me (as end-user of Emacs),
when I edit some script on server,
and later it crashes, because some strange "1;2600;0" in the beginning of
file, which I missed.
Seems like I have a habit to type "C-n" or "C-v" instantly when opening some
files, so I got the issue from time to time.

(sorry for my English — mistakes are possible)

--
HighCat/Alexander