Subject: bug#8740: closed (Re: bug#8740: 24.0.50; Modeline in the [*About GNU Emacs*] buffer)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 17:48:02 +0000

Your bug report

#8740: 24.0.50; Modeline in the [*About GNU Emacs*] buffer

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
8740: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8740
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#8740: 24.0.50; Modeline in the [*About GNU Emacs*] buffer
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 13:47:00 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.1

Dani Moncayo wrote:

> I don't understand why the modeline has to be special for the [*About
> GNU Emacs*] buffer

Me neither (the initial splash screen has a standard modeline).
Changed to match.

Subject: 24.0.50; Modeline in the [*About GNU Emacs*] buffer
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 17:27:37 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Severity: wishlist

I don't understand why the modeline has to be special for the [*About
GNU Emacs*] buffer. I'd like it to be standard, like in any other
buffer.

If you disagree, at least I'd like to suggest that the filling
character was chosen like in the standard case, i.e., space in
graphical and hyphen in text-only mode.

TIA

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600)
 of 2011-05-23 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/build/include'

-- 
Dani Moncayo