Subject: 23.2; garbage numbers

From: Andreas Röhler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 09:23:22 +0200

`emacs -Q':

(defun foo ())

12345

;;;;;;

Should some garbage numbers exist in a buffer, Emacs
evals and compiles that without warning.

Is that okay?

Best regards,

Andreas

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~a-roehler/python-mode/components-python-mode
https://code.launchpad.net/s-x-emacs-werkstatt/

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i586-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.1)
  of 2011-02-22 on build27
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10903000
configured using `configure  '--with-pop' '--without-hesiod' 
'--with-kerberos' '--with-kerberos5' '--with-xim' '--enable-autodepend' 
'--prefix=/usr' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' 
'--datadir=/usr/share' '--localstatedir=/var' 
'--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--with-x' 
'--with-sound' '--with-sync-input' '--with-xpm' '--with-jpeg' 
'--with-tiff' '--with-gif' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-dbus' 
'--without-gpm' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--x-includes=/usr/include' 
'--x-libraries=/usr/lib:/usr/share/X11' '--with-xft' '--with-libotf' 
'--with-m17n-flt' '--build=i586-suse-linux' 
'build_alias=i586-suse-linux' 'CC=gcc-4.3' 'CFLAGS=-fomit-frame-pointer 
-fmessage-length=0 -O2 -Wall -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector 
-funwind-tables -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -g -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=gnu89 
-pipe -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-label 
-Wno-unprototyped-calls -fno-optimize-sibling-calls 
-DSYSTEM_PURESIZE_EXTRA=55000 	 -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=10000 ' 
'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O2 -Wl,--hash-size=65521''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> C-x C-w e i n <backspace> l . e k <backspace>
l <return> <up> <up> <up> <up> C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
( d e f e u <backspace> <backspace> u n SPC f o o SPC
( ) ) C-j <return> 1 2 3 4 5 C-x C-s M-x e b <backspace>
v l <backspace> l <backspace> a l <return> b u <tab>
<return> M-x c <backspace> b y t e - c o m p i l <tab>
<return> <return> M-x r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u
<tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading /usr/share/emacs/23.2/leim/leim-list.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Saving file /home/MYNAME/eil.el...
Wrote /home/MYNAME/eil.el
Saving file /home/MYNAME/eil.el...
Wrote /home/MYNAME/eil.el
Compiling /home/MYNAME/eil.el...
Fontifying *Compile-Log*... 
(regexps.......................................................)
Compiling /home/MYNAME/eil.el...done
Wrote /home/MYNAME/eil.elc

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/make-regexp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/psgml/make-regexp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/md5 hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3/md5
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-sas-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-sas-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/essd-els hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/essd-els
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-compat hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-compat
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-mode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-toolbar hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-toolbar
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-sp3-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-sp3-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-bugs-l hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-bugs-l
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/noweb-font-lock-mode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/noweb-font-lock-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-noweb hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-noweb
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-rdired hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-rdired
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-mouse hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-mouse
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-sp5-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-sp5-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-lsp-l hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-lsp-l
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-sp6w-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-sp6w-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-sas-a hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-sas-a
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-menu hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-menu
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/make-regexp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/make-regexp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-jags-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-jags-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-rd hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-rd
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-trns hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-trns
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-s4-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-s4-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-eldoc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-eldoc
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-inf hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-inf
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-dde hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-dde
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-rutils hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-rutils
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-bugs-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-bugs-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-omg-l hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-omg-l
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-custom hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-custom
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-sp6-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-sp6-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-xls-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-xls-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-s-l hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-s-l
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-comp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-comp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/noweb-mode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/noweb-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-arc-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-arc-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-font-lock hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-font-lock
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-swv hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-swv
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-sas-l hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-sas-l
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-sta-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-sta-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-sta-l hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-sta-l
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-help hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-help
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-vst-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-vst-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-r-args hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-r-args
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/mouseme hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/mouseme
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-roxy hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-roxy
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-site hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-site
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/msdos hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/msdos
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-r-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-r-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-utils hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-utils
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-s3-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-s3-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-sp4-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-sp4-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-omg-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-omg-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/epg/epg hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/epg
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/epg/epa-dired hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/epa-dired
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/epg/epa-file hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/epa-file
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/epg/epg-config hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/epg-config
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/epg/epa hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/epa
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/md4 hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/md4
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/epg/epa-mail hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/epa-mail
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ruby-mode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-glyph hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-glyph
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-mode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/xmltok hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/xmltok
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-uri hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-uri
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-dt hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-dt
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-outln hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-outln
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-maint hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-maint
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-match hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-match
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-ns hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-ns
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-rap hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-rap
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-valid hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-valid
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-parse hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-parse
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-xsd hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-xsd
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-util hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-util
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-nxml hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-nxml
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-enc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-enc
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-pttrn hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-pttrn
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-cmpct hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-cmpct
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/xsd-regexp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/xsd-regexp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-loc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-loc
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-uchnm hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-uchnm
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-parse hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-parse
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-util hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-util
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-maint hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-maint
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/ntlm hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/ntlm
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-digest hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-md5 hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-def hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/hmac-def
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/sasl
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-cram hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/egg/its/thai hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/language/thai
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/egg/leim-list hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/leim/leim-list

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message idna sendmail regexp-opt ecomplete rfc822
mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev
nnheader gnus-util netrc time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit
mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug byte-opt
compile comint ring bytecomp byte-compile egg-util lpr disp-table
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind system-font-setting
font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)