Subject: 23.2; unload-feature leaves hook

From: Andreas Röhler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 07:53:37 +0200

`emacs -Q':

M-x python-mode
M-x unload-feature RET python-mode
M-x shell

error in process filter: Symbol's function definition is void: 
python-pdbtrack-track-stack-file
<<< Press Return to bury the buffer list >>>

;;;;;;;;;;;

BTW an explicit call `remove-hook ...' solves the
issue. Seems indicating a bug nonetheless.

Cheers,

Andreas

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~a-roehler/python-mode/components-python-mode
https://code.launchpad.net/s-x-emacs-werkstatt/

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i586-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.1)
  of 2011-02-22
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10903000
configured using `configure  '--with-pop' '--without-hesiod' 
'--with-kerberos' '--with-kerberos5' '--with-xim' '--enable-autodepend' 
'--prefix=/usr' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' 
'--datadir=/usr/share' '--localstatedir=/var' 
'--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--with-x' 
'--with-sound' '--with-sync-input' '--with-xpm' '--with-jpeg' 
'--with-tiff' '--with-gif' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-dbus' 
'--without-gpm' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--x-includes=/usr/include' 
'--x-libraries=/usr/lib:/usr/share/X11' '--with-xft' '--with-libotf' 
'--with-m17n-flt' '--build=i586-suse-linux' 
'build_alias=i586-suse-linux' 'CC=gcc-4.3' 'CFLAGS=-fomit-frame-pointer 
-fmessage-length=0 -O2 -Wall -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector 
-funwind-tables -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -g -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=gnu89 
-pipe -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-label 
-Wno-unprototyped-calls -fno-optimize-sibling-calls 
-DSYSTEM_PURESIZE_EXTRA=55000 	 -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=10000 ' 
'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O2 -Wl,--hash-size=65521''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC
SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC
SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC
SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC
SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC
SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC
SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC
SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC
SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC
SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC
SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC
SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC
SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC
SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC
SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC
SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC
SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC
SPC SPC SPC <down-mouse-1> SPC SPC SPC <mouse-1> SPC
SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC
SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC
SPC SPC M-x s h e l l <return> C-x o M-x e l e <tab>
<return> <down> <down> <return> C-SPC <up> <up> <up>
<up> M-w M-x r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u <tab> <
return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.
Making completion list...
error in process filter: run-hook-with-args: Symbol's function 
definition is void: python-pdbtrack-track-stack-file
error in process filter: Symbol's function definition is void: 
python-pdbtrack-track-stack-file
error in process filter: run-hook-with-args: Symbol's function 
definition is void: python-pdbtrack-track-stack-file
error in process filter: Symbol's function definition is void: 
python-pdbtrack-track-stack-file
<<< Press Return to bury the buffer list >>>
Mark set

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/make-regexp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/psgml/make-regexp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/md5 hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3/md5
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-sas-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-sas-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/essd-els hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/essd-els
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-compat hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-compat
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-mode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-toolbar hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-toolbar
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-sp3-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-sp3-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-bugs-l hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-bugs-l
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/noweb-font-lock-mode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/noweb-font-lock-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-noweb hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-noweb
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-rdired hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-rdired
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-mouse hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-mouse
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-sp5-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-sp5-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-lsp-l hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-lsp-l
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-sp6w-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-sp6w-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-sas-a hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-sas-a
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-menu hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-menu
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/make-regexp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/make-regexp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-jags-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-jags-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-rd hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-rd
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-trns hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-trns
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-s4-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-s4-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-eldoc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-eldoc
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-inf hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-inf
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-dde hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-dde
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-rutils hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-rutils
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-bugs-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-bugs-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-omg-l hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-omg-l
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-custom hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-custom
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-sp6-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-sp6-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-xls-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-xls-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-s-l hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-s-l
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-comp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-comp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/noweb-mode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/noweb-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-arc-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-arc-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-font-lock hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-font-lock
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-swv hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-swv
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-sas-l hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-sas-l
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-sta-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-sta-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-sta-l hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-sta-l
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-help hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-help
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-vst-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-vst-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-r-args hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-r-args
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/mouseme hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/mouseme
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-roxy hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-roxy
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-site hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-site
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/msdos hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/msdos
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-r-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-r-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-utils hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-utils
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-s3-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-s3-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-sp4-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-sp4-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-omg-d hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-5.13/lisp/ess-omg-d
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/epg/epg hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/epg
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/epg/epa-dired hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/epa-dired
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/epg/epa-file hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/epa-file
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/epg/epg-config hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/epg-config
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/epg/epa hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/epa
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/md4 hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/md4
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/epg/epa-mail hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/epa-mail
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ruby-mode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-glyph hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-glyph
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-mode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/xmltok hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/xmltok
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-uri hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-uri
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-dt hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-dt
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-outln hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-outln
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-maint hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-maint
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-match hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-match
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-ns hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-ns
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-rap hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-rap
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-valid hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-valid
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-parse hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-parse
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-xsd hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-xsd
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-util hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-util
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-nxml hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-nxml
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-enc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-enc
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-pttrn hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-pttrn
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-cmpct hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-cmpct
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/xsd-regexp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/xsd-regexp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-loc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-loc
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-uchnm hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-uchnm
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-parse hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-parse
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-util hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-util
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-maint hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-maint
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/ntlm hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/ntlm
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-digest hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-md5 hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-def hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/hmac-def
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/sasl
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-cram hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/egg/its/thai hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/language/thai
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/egg/leim-list hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/leim/leim-list

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message idna sendmail regexp-opt ecomplete rfc822
mml mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader
gnus-util netrc time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit
mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug ebuff-menu
electric ansi-color shell pp help-mode view help-fns loadhist easymenu
comint ring egg-util lpr disp-table tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset
image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom
widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
system-font-setting font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)