Subject: Re: bug#8706: 24.0.50; [PATCH] Function to build a URL query-string

From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 20:15:32 -0500

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 20:15:48 -0500 Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]> wrote: 

TZ> (second try for this, the first one I posted through Gmane disappeared)
TZ> Attached is a patch which:

TZ> - adds optional SEMICOLONS and KEEP-EMPTY to `url-build-query-string' to
TZ>   separate parameters with semicolons and to keep empty values

TZ> - fixes `url-parse-query-string' to understand the '=' is not required
TZ>   in a parameter

TZ> - adds ERT tests for `url-build-query-string' and
TZ>   `url-parse-query-string'

TZ> Ian, if you could look it over, I'd appreciate it.  In particular if you
TZ> think KEEP-EMPTY should be the default or if you see any other problems...

Ian, I'd like to commit this.  I think it's pretty close to your
original code so you should be the author, which is why I'm asking for
your feedback (I can split the commits if you prefer).  I see one commit
with your name in ChangeLog.14:

2009-02-14  Ian Eure  <[email-masked]>  (tiny change)

This is not a tiny change, though, even if we split the commits.  Do you
have Emacs assignment papers on file?

Thanks
Ted