Subject: bug#8706: 24.0.50; [PATCH] Function to build a URL query-string

From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 15:31:16 -0500

On Wed, 25 May 2011 09:32:15 -0700 Ian Eure <[email-masked]> wrote: 

IE>  1. Two-element sequences should work as they do now.
IE>  2. One-element sequences should get an empty string appended.
IE>  3. Invalid sequences ignored.

IE> I'm not sure it makes sense to support #2, since it seems somewhat
IE> opaque and you can do the same thing with an empty string in scenario
IE> #1. 

Single-element parameters, shown as just "key" instead of "key=val", are
a well-known URL query string convention.  They are not opaque.  I think
they should be explicitly supported.

IE> #3 I'm not sure how to do without using remove-if from cl-seq.

IE> I don't know why someone would pass in nil in place of a k/v pair, and
IE> it seems better to raise an error about that rather than silently
IE> accepting it, since it seems likely to be an error in the calling
IE> code.

OK, let's make #3 an error.  That works for me.  Can you just comment on
it in the source so it's clear we punt to the caller?

Thanks!
Ted