Subject: Re: bug#870: Missing ^J in ChangeLog

From: "Lennart Borgman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 00:26:23 +0200

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Lennart Borgman (gmail)
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>> Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:14:27 +0200
>>> From: "Juanma Barranquero" <[email-masked]>
>>>
>>> I'm puzzled. I'd think CVSNT was screwing with CRLF, but after 5) the
>>> ChangeLog was fine, or I would have seen it at 6).
>>
>> I suspect that we have a more fundamental problem somewhere in
>> insert-file-contents or its subroutines.  Did you see that in the
>> Index nodes of Info manuals some lines end with TWO ^M characters,
>> whereas the file has only one?  Maybe the same problem is at work
>> here, who knows?
>
>
> Due to the problem with ^M in w32 info files this is very visible ;-)
>
> How is those lines build (where is the code that builds them)?

Even though those lines in the info index shows as

   ^M^M

at the end it seems like the it is 13, 10 not 13, 13. Is this just
another bug, or?