Subject: Re: bug#870: Missing ^J in ChangeLog

From: "Juanma Barranquero" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:14:27 +0200

X-Debbugs-CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]

I just had it happen to me again, after a long while. Those were my steps:

 1.- Edit and save src/xdisp.c.
 2.- Edit and save src/ChangeLog to add a new entry.
 3.- Run vc-dir (through C-x v d) and select to check only on "src/";
vc-dir says there are pending changes in src/ChangeLog (among other
files).
 4.- Exit Emacs.
 5.- cvs update from the checkout root; src/ChangeLog is merged. There
are no conflicts (my change to src/ChangeLog was not at the top of the
file because, before merging, the first entry was already by me).
 6.- Enter Emacs (it visits src/ChangeLog because I'm using desktop.el).
 7.- Split the second entry (by me) in two, moving part of it as a new
entry at the top of src/ChangeLog.
 8.- Save src/ChangeLog.
 9.- Run vc-dir again; there are files ready to be commited.
10.- Mark them with M (vc-dir-mark-all-files) and commit them with v
(vc-next-action).
11.- Fill the CVS log entry and send with C-c C-c.

I'm puzzled. I'd think CVSNT was screwing with CRLF, but after 5) the
ChangeLog was fine, or I would have seen it at 6).

  Juanma