Subject: Re: bug#8694: Configure on mips

From: Daniel Herring <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 23:47:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 18 May 2011, James William Cronin wrote:

> When running automake generated configure scripts on an embeded mips based 
> moded box (the Humax HD T2) - see www.hummypkg.org the generated make files 
> contain a two letter addition to all variables followed by an @. (e.g. LL@, 
> KK@ ir@ etc) The two additional letters seem to have some (although not 
> uniformaly) resembelance to the preceding text.
>
> Its basicly running busybox ontop of linux kernal 2.6.18
>
> I am only passing --build=mips-unknown-linux-gnu to the scrip.

Configure scripts are made by autoconf, not automake...

Look in a Makefile.in (next to a Makefile).  Does it have messed up 
variables?  If so, then automake is the culprit.  If not, then I'd guess 
the sed magic in config.status is messed up.

For an automake problem, the output of 'automake --version' would help. 
For a configure problem, the output of './configure --version' would help.

It also wasn't clear whether you are running autoconf and automake on the 
mips box or simply running ./configure and make.

- Daniel