Subject: Re: bug#8675: error: token "@" is not valid in preprocessor expressions

From: Christoph Scholtes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 19:47:43 -0600

On 5/18/2011 6:27 PM, Bruno Haible wrote:

> So, if the reporter was using GNU make
>      and the previous Makefile.in was based on gnulib 2011-04-03 or newer
>      and the reporter did a make command in the top-level directory that
>          recreated config.status before recursing into lib/ and then into
>          src/,
> then the situation cannot have occurred.

I was using Debian Squeeze with GNU make 3.81. I executed `make 
maintainer-clean' at the root and then `./configure' and `make 
bootstrap' when it failed.

> If the previous Makefile.in was not based on gnulib 2011-04-03 or newer,
> we need to do nothing; the problem is already fixed.

I am not sure what version of gnulib my Makefile was based on.

> If the reporter did "make" in the top-level directory of emacs and it did
> not rebuild config.status, even after configure changed, it needs to be
> fixed in emacs.

I am not sure how to determine if this was the case, since running 
./autogen.sh, ./configure and make bootstrap fixed the problem.

Let me know if I can help to further troubleshoot this.

Christoph