Subject: bug#8675: lisp_string_width and strings wider than INT_MAX

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 10:57:34 +0300

> Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 22:33:03 -0700
> From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked]
> 
> On 05/15/11 22:30, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> >> Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 22:07:36 -0700
> >> From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
> >>
> >> PATCH 3 depends on two obvious patches: PATCH 2 introduces a helper
> >> no-return function string_overflow, and PATCH 1 updates to the latest
> >> version of gnulib.
> > 
> > Thanks, but why do these patches come with unrelated changes in
> > texinfo.tex?
> 
> Because that's part of PATCH 1, which updates to the latest version
> of gnulib.  Gnulib contains texinfo.tex.  PATCH 1 was generated
> entirely automatically by "make sync-from-gnulib".

When you merge, could you please make the texinfo.tex update a
separate commit on the trunk, then?  No one will ever expect to find
that file in a commit logged as "sync from gnulib", which will make
forensics more difficult than it needs to (since your commits are
always merge-commits).

TIA