Subject: 24.0.50; unable to build emacs23

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 00:07:29 +0200

Hi,
this is on ubuntu 11.04.
Unable to build emacs.
I guess path to some libraries are wrong.
Here i have:
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include/glibconfig.h

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
                 from dispnew.c:56:
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gtypes.h:34:24: fatal error: glibconfig.h: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [dispnew.o] Erreur 1
make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /home/thierry/tmp/emacs-23/src »
make: *** [src] Erreur 2
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.4)
 of 2011-05-14 on thierry-MM061
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11001000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
t o d o c C-g C-x C-b c o n <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> s h <down> <down> <down> <down> C-g C-x 
C-f <M-left> <right> <left> <left> <M-left> <M-right> 
<right> <left> C-g <f7> m <return> <return> <down> 
<return> <down> <return> <return> <return> <return> 
<return> <return> <return> <return> <return> <down> 
<return> q <return> <return> <down> <return> <down> 
C-< <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <left> C-SPC 
C-e M-w C-a C-SPC C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-c r l C-y <return> 
<down> C-SPC C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n <f11> k s r c <return> 
e m a c s - l i s p C-c C-c C-< <down> <up> <return> 
q <return> d d d d d q q y C-x V b <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> M f q C-< q C-< C-x C-² C-x C-f <left> d o w 
<down> <right> e m a <down> <down> <up> <right> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <right> M-e b z 
r SPC <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <return> 
y <return> y <return> b z r SPC p u l l <return> c 
d l <return> c p SPC - r <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> C-x C-f <left> <left> t m <down> 
<right> <left> d o w <down> <right> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <right> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> M-C <left> <left> t m p <down> 
<return> y <f11> e t M-x r e p o r t <return>

Recent messages:
History item: 98
 [2 times]
Recursive copies of /home/thierry/download/emacs-bzr/emacs-23? (y or n)  y
copy: 1 of 1
copy: 1 file
Collecting symbols...done
Preparing diary...
No diary entries for Dimanche, 15 Mai 2011
Preparing diary...done

Load-path shadows:
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/.dir-locals hides ~/elisp/org-active/.dir-locals
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/lpath hides ~/elisp/emacs-wget/lpath
~/elisp/AC/popup hides ~/elisp/popup
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/password-cache hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/password-cache
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/format-spec hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/format-spec
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/color hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/color
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/md4 hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/md4
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/hex-util hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/hex-util
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/sha1 hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/sha1
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/dns-mode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/textmodes/dns-mode
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/imap hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/imap
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/hmac-md5 hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-md5
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/dig hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/dig
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/sasl hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/sasl-cram hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-cram
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/sasl-digest hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-digest
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/tls hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/tls
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/dns hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/dns
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/hmac-def hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-def
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/netrc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/netrc
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/ntlm hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/ntlm
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/sasl-ntlm hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/binhex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/mail/binhex
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/hashcash hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/mail/hashcash
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/uudecode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/mail/uudecode
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/parse-time hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/calendar/parse-time
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/time-date hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/calendar/time-date
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/pgg-parse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/obsolete/pgg-parse
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/pgg hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/obsolete/pgg
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/pgg-pgp5 hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/obsolete/pgg-pgp5
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/pgg-pgp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/obsolete/pgg-pgp
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/pgg-def hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/obsolete/pgg-def
~/elisp/ngnus/lisp/pgg-gpg hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/obsolete/pgg-gpg

Features:
(shadow epa-mail emacsbug tramp-cache tramp-sh bzr-dvc bzr dvc-bookmarks
org-archive tabify smiley gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg
gnus-ml nndraft nnmh utf-7 nnml nnimap utf7 nnfolder rot13 netrc
network-stream starttls tls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache gnus-dired find-func view cal-iso
preview prv-emacs tex-buf reftex-vcr reftex-dcr reftex-auc reftex imenu
reftex-vars font-latex latex tex-style tex latexenc ruby-mode vc-git
xgit-dvc xgit xgit-annotate dvc-annotate xgit-log xhg-dvc xhg
xhg-annotate xhg-mq xhg-log conf-mode vc-rcs sh-script anything-esh
em-unix em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs
em-cmpl em-basic esh-opt em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-io esh-cmd
esh-ext esh-proc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode bzr-core
xdarcs-core xgit-core xhg-core xmtn-minimal tla smerge-mode newcomment
dvc-state dvc-config dvc-diff dvc-fileinfo diff dvc-cmenu dvc-about
dvc-version dvc-revlist uniquify align-let server googlecl google-maps
google-maps-static google-maps-geocode google-maps-base json
simple-call-tree el-expectations el-mock csv2org iedit zop-to-char
mule-util elscreen smallurl mm-url xml-weather rectangle-utils tv-utils
eldoc pcvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info pcvs-defs auto-document autodoc mb-depth
ioccur moz cl-info slime-xref-browser slime-banner slime-tramp
slime-asdf slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu
slime-references slime-scratch slime-presentations slime-fuzzy
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-parse slime-repl slime apropos hideshow hyperspec slime-autoloads
boxquote rect image-file newsticker newst-treeview newst-plainview
newst-reader newst-ticker newst-backend ledger-config ledger esh-arg
esh-util lpr woman man two-column em-term term ehelp electric esh-toggle
em-xtra flymake pdbtrack no-word regex-tool whitespace paren time
dired-tar dired-extension image-dired yaoddmuse skeleton sgml-mode
emms-mplayer-config emms-playlist-limit emms-volume emms-volume-amixer
emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-lastfm-client parse-time
emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort
emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time
emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line
emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode
emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer emms-info emms-streams later-do
emms-source-playlist emms-source-file emms-player-simple emms-setup emms
emms-compat winner dvc-init bzr-gnus tla-gnus xgit-gnus xhg-gnus
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nnir gnus-sum nnoo
gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader dvc-gnus tla-core
tla-autoconf tla-defs dvc-log vc vc-dispatcher dvc-unified dvc-tips
dired-x ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util
ediff-mult ediff-init ediff dvc-autoloads dvc-core dvc-lisp dvc-buffers
dvc-ui dvc-register dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc dvc-defs dvc-site psvn
log-edit pcvs-util add-log diff-mode htmlize-hack htmlize muse-colors
muse-docbook muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo muse-latex muse-html
muse-xml-common muse-wiki cus-edit cus-start cus-load muse-publish
muse-project muse-protocols muse-regexps muse muse-nested-tags muse-mode
muse-autoloads org-config-thierry org-crypt cal-china lunar solar
cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs vc-hg
org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo
org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-info org-gnus
org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-agenda appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs org-annotation-helper org-capture org-mks remember
org-remember org-datetree config-w3m mime-w3m w3m doc-view jka-compr
image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon
w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util mime eword-decode mel path-util mime-parse
std11 luna mime-def alist mcharset mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces pces-e20 pces-20
broken pcustom poe pym static apel-ver product w3m-load
addressbook-bookmark message sendmail rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader firefox-protocol
bookmark-firefox-handler url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap
bookmark-extensions org ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete
pcomplete org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs noutline
outline cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs bookmark pp recentf tree-widget
wid-edit savehist init-anything-thierry descbinds-anything
anything-ipython ipython python-mode info-look ansi-color executable
shell shell-history anything-complete anything-show-completion
anything-obsolete anything-match-plugin anything-delicious xml
anything-mercurial anything-config browse-url rx grep compile comint
ring tramp tramp-compat format-spec tramp-loaddefs dired-aux ffap
thingatpt anything warnings epa-file epa derived epg epg-config
auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp assoc
gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache dired regexp-opt
gnus-load usage-memo punycode idna naquadah-theme sha1 hex-util
eev-thierry edmacro kmacro iterator eev-all eev-mini-steps
eev-browse-url eev-langs eev-compose eev-glyphs disp-table eev-insert
eev-steps eev-bounded eev easy-mmode advice help-fns advice-preload
w3m-wget preview-latex tex-site auto-loads info easymenu cl tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom
widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

-- 
A+ Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997