Subject: bug#8666: closed (Re: bug#8666:)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 07:04:03 +0000

Your bug report

#8666: 23.2; LaTeX mode fill-paragraph command does not work in captions

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
8666: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8666
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#8666:
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 03:03:43 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

notfound 8666 23.2
stop

Moved to AUCTeX list:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-auctex/2011-05/msg00002.html

Subject: 23.2; LaTeX mode fill-paragraph command does not work in captions
From: Worik Stanton <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 09:21:28 +1200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When editing the caption fro a float (a figure or table) using M-q to
run fill paragraph does not adjust the text.

Running 'fill-paragraph' directly does not work either

[email-masked]

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.4)
  of 2011-04-04 on rothera, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11001000
configured using `configure  '--build' 'i686-linux-gnu' '--build' 
'i686-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' 
'--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' 
'--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes' 
'--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs23:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.2/leim' 
'--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars' 
'build_alias=i686-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g' 
'CPPFLAGS=''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: en_NZ.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: LaTeX

Minor modes in effect:
   diff-auto-refine-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right>
<right> <right> <right> ) C-x C-s <down> <down> <down>
<down> <right> C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-x C-s <up> <up> <return> i n
SPC t a b l e SPC \ r e f <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <left> <left> <left> C-k C-y <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> C-y SPC a n d SPC f i g u r e SPC <left>
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left>
<left> <left> <left> <backspace> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <left> <return> <tab> <up> <up> <tab>
M-q C-x C-s <up> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right>
<right> [ ] <left> 5 - - D a y SPC M o v i n g SPC
A v e r a g e SPC 0 . 0 0 1 SPC B a n d SPC $ \ p m
0 . 0 0 0 5 $ SPC N e i g h b o u r h o o d SPC A n
a l y s i s M-q <right> <return> <tab> <right> <return>
<tab> M-q C-x C-s <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>
C-g C-g C-h m <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> C-h
k M-q <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu>
<send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Wrote /home/worik/Documents/Research/Masters/Thesis/Dissertation.tex
Saving file 
/home/worik/Documents/Research/Masters/Thesis/Dissertation.tex...
Wrote /home/worik/Documents/Research/Masters/Thesis/Dissertation.tex
Mark set [2 times]
Saving file 
/home/worik/Documents/Research/Masters/Thesis/Dissertation.tex...
Wrote /home/worik/Documents/Research/Masters/Thesis/Dissertation.tex
Saving file 
/home/worik/Documents/Research/Masters/Thesis/Dissertation.tex...
Wrote /home/worik/Documents/Research/Masters/Thesis/Dissertation.tex
Quit [2 times]
Type C-x 4 C-o RET to restore the other window, C-M-v to scroll help.

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/multi-prompt hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/multi-prompt
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/font-latex hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/font-latex
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/context hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/context
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/tex-fold hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-fold
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/texmathp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/texmathp
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/latex hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/latex
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/tex-fptex hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-fptex
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/tex-buf hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-buf
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/tex-mik hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-mik
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/bib-cite hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/bib-cite
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/tex-bar hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-bar
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/tex-info hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-info
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/context-en hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/context-en
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/tex hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/tex-style hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-style
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/tex-jp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-jp
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/toolbar-x hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/toolbar-x
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/context-nl hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/context-nl
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/auctex/tex-font hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-font
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/ess/noweb-mode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/noweb-mode
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/debian-startup hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/octave3.2-emacsen/octave-mod hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/progmodes/octave-mod
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/octave3.2-emacsen/octave-inf hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/progmodes/octave-inf

Features:
(shadow mail-extr message sendmail ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util netrc
time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit mailheader canlock sha1
hex-util hashcash mail-utils texmathp doc-view image-mode ps-mode
emacsbug newcomment ispell help-mode view dired ess-roxy hideshow imenu
diff-mode multi-isearch sort vc vc-dispatcher jka-compr ediff-merg
ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff
vc-rcs preview prv-emacs byte-opt tex-bar tex-buf toolbar-x noutline
outline font-latex bytecomp byte-compile latex easy-mmode edmacro kmacro
tex-style tex advice help-fns advice-preload latexenc saveplace
ess-toolbar ess-mouse mouseme thingatpt browse-url ess-menu ess-swv
ess-noweb noweb-font-lock-mode ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l
ess-sas-a executable shell ess-arc-d ess-vst-d ess-xls-d ess-lsp-l
ess-sta-d ess-sta-l cc-vars cc-defs make-regexp ess-sp6-d ess-sp5-d
ess-sp3-d ess-r-d ess-r-args assoc ess-s-l ess-inf ess-utils comint ring
ess-mode noweb-mode ess ess-custom regexp-opt easymenu ess-compat
ess-site preview-latex tex-site auto-loads tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset
image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom
widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
system-font-setting font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)