Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Determine whether silent rules are active from inside a make recipe

From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 16:52:38 +0200

[Resurrecting an old thread]

Reference: <http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8665>

Hi Jack, automakers, sorry for the shameful delay.

This patch series (for maint) should take care of the "easy" part of
the bug, i.e., define a make variable that can be used from within the
make recipes to determine whether make is being run in verbose mode
(as with "make V=1") or quiet mode (as with "make V=0").

I will push by tomorrow if there is no objection.

Regards,
  Stefano

Stefano Lattarini (3):
  refactor: &define_verbose_var: accept a third optional argument
  refactor: silent rules handling (a little)
  silent: new $(AM_V_P) variable, tell if we're running in silent mode

 NEWS                          |    6 +++
 automake.in                   |   46 ++++++++++++-----
 doc/automake.texi             |   18 ++++++-
 t/list-of-tests.mk            |    1 +
 t/silent-obsolescent-warns.sh |   71 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/silent6.sh                  |  110 +++++++++++++++++++----------------------
 6 files changed, 180 insertions(+), 72 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/silent-obsolescent-warns.sh

-- 
1.7.9.5