Subject: Re: bug#8653: 24.0.50; `M-x grep' output converts `~' to /cygdrive/c/...

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 20:10:00 +0300

> From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 16:09:52 +0100
> 
> On Thu 12 May 2011, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> >> From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
> >> Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 12:52:18 +0100
> >> 
> >> I use cygwin-mount and don't see this problem.
> >
> > Not sure what that means.  What "this problem"? what _do_ you see in
> > Drew's example?
> 
> You have managed to elide all of the context here - some quoting is
> useful.

I don't see how it would be helpful, because I was unable to
understand which part of Drew's description you refer to as "this
problem".

> The other point he made was about shortening the output from grep to
> substitute ~ for /home/$USER. This would require additional code to
> post-process the grep results in emacs.

I thought that was the _only_ point Drew was making.  Apologies if I
misunderstood.