Subject: bug#865: 23.0.60; The directory is unsafe today

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 21:31:16 +0300

> Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 06:27:43 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> > There is a variable in get_name_and_id called `ignore', which seems to 
> > have the required information.
> 
> Thanks.
> 
> I never found any sufficiently clear documentation of the meaning of
> that parameter.  Its value seems almost random.  If you can find an
> explanation or give one, please do.

Sorry, I confused myself and thought about a different parameter.

Yes, the last argument of LookupAccountSid does tell what type of
account is that.  But I'm not sure that what you suggest is a good
strategy: the fact that the current user is a member of Administrators
does not yet mean we can report that user as the file's owner.

How about testing the user's primary group in addition to UID?  That
is, 

  (or (eql (nth 2 attrs) (user-uid))
      (and (eq system-type 'windows-nt) (eql (nth 2 attrs) (user-gid)))

(assuming we add a function user-gid)?