Subject: bug#8630: 23.1; Emacs freezes when creating nearly empty __init__.py

From: Daniel Gonzalez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 18:11:02 +0200

Now it is freezing just when opening a new buffer pointing to an
unexisting file __init__.py.
Not possible to type anything.

ctrl-g is also not working.

emacs -Q does not exhibit the problem. It seems it is caused by my
settings, or any of the loaded modules. Difficult to say what exactly,
since my .emacs is quite big.

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Daniel Gonzalez wrote:
>
>> Create new file __init__.py, insert a single space, and save the
>> file. Emacs freezes, and must be killed (xkill in my case).
>>
>> In GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.3)
>>  of 2010-03-26 on palmer, modified by Debian
>
> I am unable to reproduce this with Debian's Emacs 23.3 (this fixes
> various bugs, so it is a good idea to update if you can), or with 23.1
> on another system.
>
> Does this happen starting from `emacs -Q'?
> Can Emacs be interrupted with ctrl-g?
>