Subject: RE: bug#8628: 24.0.50; `thing-at-point-bounds-of-list-at-point' - no good

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 16:39:52 -0700

> Maybe there is a bug here,

You can't tell?  Did you try the recipe?  If so, do you have an opinion on
whether the results returned are correct?

It's OK to disagree about whether those results are correct, but I don't hear
you saying anything about that one way or the other.  Can you at least confirm
that you see the same behavior?  Hello?

> but I'll leave it for some other Emacs developer who's willing to wade
> through your abusive posts to find out what you're going on about.

What's to wade through?  The recipe is clear and takes only about 30 seconds to
complete.  30 sec. to reproduce the bug or to determine that you cannot
reproduce it on your system.  You need go no further than the initial bug report
to know what is being reported and how to see whether there is a bug.

There is nothing abusive about repeating that ignored bug recipe, trying to
focus attention on the bug and not on the irrelevant side show of whether
`t-a-p-b-o-l-a-p' is internal or external.

As I made clear, I really do not care _how_ the problem reported gets fixed; my
concern is that it be fixed.

My only complaint was your (pl.) not recognizing the bug, apparently not even
trying the recipe.  That complaint might express understandable frustration on
my part, but it does not represent abuse, so please stop playing the victim.

Not once did anyone even begin to address the bug (recipe) - to say (a) yes, the
behavior is confirmed or no, the behavior cannot be reproduced or (b) the
behavior is confirmed but is as intended (so not a bug).

Instead, the only responses here were to reclassify the report as `wishlist' and
then state that you will close it after marking `t-a-p-b-o-l-a-p' as internal
(no connection with the bug).  The bug is still there.