Subject: Re: bug#8623: 23.3.50; (woman "git-remote") crashes

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 13:10:47 +0300

> Date: Sun, 08 May 2011 22:02:57 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
>    cd emacs-23 && bzr merge -r103939.1.41..103939.1.42 ../trunk
> 
> because the changes you want were committed in revision 103939.1.42.

For the record, a few more revisions seem to be needed, I missed them
at first.  Here's the correct bzr command line:

  bzr merge -r103939.1.40..103939.1.44 ../trunk

I missed those other revisions because it is quite hard to figure out
which revisions committed by Paul on his local branch actually fix
this one problem.  The eventual merge onto the trunk (revision 104021)
included many more changes, which are unrelated to this problem.

Paul, would it be possible for you to merge individual features or
bugfixes?  Or at least clearly mark in the commit logs where a fix for
a particular problem begins and where it ends?  This would make such
jobs in the future much easier and less error-prone.  TIA

I committed the resulting changes (after fixing a few gotchas) to the
emacs-23 branch (revision 100571).  I only did some minimal testing,
so please report any residual bugs.  For now, I'm closing this bug
report.