Subject: bug#8622: 24.0.50; url-parse does not implement RFC3986 5.2

From: Julien Danjou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 18:47:34 +0200

On Sun, Sep 11 2011, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Julien Danjou <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I'm sorry, I am missing why this does not apply to the example I gave.
>
> http://a/../../b is not a relative URL.  :-)
>
> The entire thing is about how to glue a base URL, like "http://a/b/c"
> together with a relative URL, like "../../d".  If you're not gluing URLs
> together, then the section does not apply.  At all.

Oh ok. But if you consider the base URL being http://a/, you clearly
match this case. I admit we are not doing relative anyhow, but I don't
think absolute and relative are supposed to have different behaviour in
such a case.

And it seems that 5.2.4 clearly explains the algo in our (absolute) case,
don't you think?

-- 
Julien Danjou
❱ http://julien.danjou.info