Subject: Re: bug#8622: 24.0.50; url-parse does not implement RFC3986 5.2

From: Julien Danjou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 18:39:04 +0200

On Sun, Sep 11 2011, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Julien Danjou <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Then go to 5.4.2:
>>
>>    Although the following abnormal examples are unlikely to occur in
>>    normal practice, all URI parsers should be capable of resolving them
>>    consistently.  Each example uses the same base as that above.
>>
>>    Parsers must be careful in handling cases where there are more ".."
>>    segments in a relative-path reference than there are hierarchical
>>    levels in the base URI's path.  Note that the ".." syntax cannot be
>>    used to change the authority component of a URI.
>
> Still talking about "base" and "relative".  Nothing about parsing a full
> URL.

I'm sorry, I am missing why this does not apply to the example I gave.

-- 
Julien Danjou
❱ http://julien.danjou.info