Subject: bug#8617: 24.0.50; sh-script / skeleton bad interaction

From: Len Trigg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 12:15:24 +1200

Glenn Morris wrote:
> Len Trigg wrote:
> 
> > When I am editing a shell script, typing characters such as [,",'(
> > give an error. I can insert them via C-q literal insertion. Those keys
> > are bound to the function skeleton-pair-insert-maybe, which is failing
> > with undefined symbol skeleton-pair.
> 
> It works for me (skeleton.el gets autoloaded).
> Does it fail for you starting from `emacs -Q'?

I think I tracked it down some more. The shell mode function seemed to
work correctly upon initial emacs startup, but after using pmwiki-mode
in other buffers the skeleton stuff would fail. The pmwiki-mode I have
installed includes:

  (set (make-local-variable 'skeleton-transformation) 'identity)

After I commented that out and restarted, the skeleton stuff works,
even after using pmwiki-mode.  Sorry for the false alarm.

Cheers,
Len.