Subject: bug#8615: bug#6954: bug#8615: bug#6954: bug#8615: Please make sure v q removes the buffer for JPGs just like it does for other files

From: Christoph Scholtes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 18:40:24 -0600

On 7/15/2011 5:38 PM, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Christoph Scholtes<[email-masked]>  writes:
>
>> Most other files (all?) are opened in view-mode, which binds `q' and
>> z' differently. I think view-mode and special-mode need to agree on
>> how to map certain keys, e.g. `q', i.e. common operations like quit or
>> kill-buffer. Either by deriving view-mode from special-mode or
>> matching the maps.
>
> It's not a view-mode issue.

IMO, it is very much a view-mode issue. The original issue description 
states that v q should remove the image buffer, i.e. kill it. It will 
never do this, since image-mode uses special mode map, and special-mode 
buries on `q', whereas other modes use view-mode. view-mode does kill 
the buffer on q, but I believe exit-action has to be set correctly.

> Open up a directory in dired.  Select a sub-directory.  Type `q'.  End
> up in a buffer that wasn't the one you started in.
>
> So `quit-window' and friends have apparently gotten a bit confused in
> the last couple of days.

This is a separate issue and needs to be fixed.