Subject: bug#8596: 24.0.50; crash when use C-x 5 2 with emacs -nw -Q

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 23:32:03 +0300

> From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 20:21:51 +0200
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 19:49, Drew Adams <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > Dunno. Actually, I did this:
> > emacs.exe -nw -Q --debug-init "C:\my-dir"
> > Then I immediately did C-x 5 2.
> 
> Reproducible. "--debug-init" is unnecessary.

Actually, even "C:\my-dir" is unnecessary.  The reason I couldn't at
first reproduce it is that I tried that in a normal optimized build.
But the xassert that aborts is only compiled under -DENABLE_CHECKING.

I think this happens because w32 lacks a proper implementation of
get_tty_size.  So the new frame starts with bogus dimensions 10x10,
and then the height gets incremented by 1 due to the menu bar, which
triggers the abort.