Subject: Re: bug#8596: 24.0.50; crash when use C-x 5 2 with emacs -nw -Q

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 20:21:51 +0200

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 19:49, Drew Adams <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Dunno. Actually, I did this:
> emacs.exe -nw -Q --debug-init "C:\my-dir"
> Then I immediately did C-x 5 2.

Reproducible. "--debug-init" is unnecessary.

Breakpoint 1, w32_abort () at w32fns.c:7184
7184      button = MessageBox (NULL,
(gdb) bt
#0  w32_abort () at w32fns.c:7184
#1  0x0108ff2d in adjust_frame_glyphs_for_frame_redisplay
(f=0x332e400) at dispnew.c:2156
#2  0x0108f7c9 in adjust_frame_glyphs (f=0x332e400) at dispnew.c:1953
#3  0x0108f41d in adjust_glyphs (f=0x332e400) at dispnew.c:1896
#4  0x0126e345 in Fmake_terminal_frame (parms=52115482) at frame.c:727
#5  0x01036f1c in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88f1b0) at eval.c:3036
#6  0x01123f08 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=20196561, vector=20196677,
maxdepth=16, args_template=52115482, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:783
#7  0x01037e85 in funcall_lambda (fun=20196533, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x88f3f4) at eval.c:3269
#8  0x01037323 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88f3f0) at eval.c:3085
#9  0x01123f08 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=20584809, vector=20584973,
maxdepth=20, args_template=52115482, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:783
#10 0x01037e85 in funcall_lambda (fun=20584781, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x88f648) at eval.c:3269
#11 0x01037323 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x88f644) at eval.c:3085
#12 0x01123f08 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=20584569, vector=20584613,
maxdepth=8, args_template=52115482, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:783
#13 0x01037e85 in funcall_lambda (fun=20584541, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x88f8c4) at eval.c:3269
#14 0x01037323 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x88f8c0) at eval.c:3085
#15 0x0103637a in apply1 (fn=56794050, arg=52115482) at eval.c:2771
#16 0x011210ec in Fcall_interactively (function=56794050,
record_flag=52115482, keys=52136709) at callint.c:379
#17 0x01036ffc in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0x88fb30) at eval.c:3043
#18 0x01036486 in call3 (fn=52280442, arg1=56794050, arg2=52115482,
arg3=52115482) at eval.c:2835
#19 0x0101fdea in Fcommand_execute (cmd=56794050,
record_flag=52115482, keys=52115482, special=52115482) at
keyboard.c:10263
#20 0x01006270 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1561
#21 0x01032d83 in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x100540b
<command_loop_1>, handlers=52169210, hfun=0x1004c35 <cmd_error>) at
eval.c:1507
#22 0x01005071 in command_loop_2 (ignore=52115482) at keyboard.c:1156
#23 0x01032743 in internal_catch (tag=52167234, func=0x100504e
<command_loop_2>, arg=52115482) at eval.c:1261
#24 0x01005029 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1135
#25 0x010045f3 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:756
#26 0x01004915 in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:820
#27 0x0100279c in main (argc=4, argv=0x331a8) at emacs.c:1685
Lisp Backtrace:
"make-terminal-frame" (0x88f1b4)
"tty-create-frame-with-faces" (0x88f3f4)
"make-frame" (0x88f648)
"make-frame-command" (0x88f8c4)
"call-interactively" (0x88fb34)
(gdb) frame 1
#1  0x0108ff2d in adjust_frame_glyphs_for_frame_redisplay
(f=0x332e400) at dispnew.c:2156
2156          xassert (matrix_dim.width == FRAME_COLS (f)
(gdb) p matrix_dim.width
$1 = 10
(gdb) p f->text_cols
$2 = 10
(gdb) p matrix_dim.height
$3 = 11
(gdb) p f->text_lines
$4 = 10