Subject: 24.0.50; cannot send bug report with emacs -nw

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 09:01:33 -0700

When I hit C-c C-c to send the bug-report mail, instead of Emacs popping
up my mail client with a new message, and allowing me to paste the
bug-report contents into the mail, all that happens is that I see
"Sending...failed with exit value 1".
 
And I see buffer *unsent mail to [email-masked]* with my mail.
In that buffer, the From field says this:
[email-masked]
 
And the Message-ID field says this:
 
<[email-masked]>
 
emacs -nw -Q should work the same way as emacs -Q for sending a bug
report.  On Windows it should pop up a new mail message using the user's
mail client (in my case Outlook) and let the user paste the bug-report
content from Emacs into to the new message.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-04-25 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/imagesupport/include'