Subject: bug#8567: closed (Re: bug#8567: reverting image-mode files does not update all frames)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 02:10:04 +0000

Your bug report

#8567: 24.0.50; reverting image-mode files does not update all frames

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
8567: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8567
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#8567: reverting image-mode files does not update all frames
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 22:09:21 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.1

Andreas Politz wrote:

> (auto-)reverting buffers in image-mode does not redisplay the new image
> in other frames and I think should.

Fixed.

Subject: 24.0.50; reverting image-mode files does not update all frames
From: Andreas Politz <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 17:44:00 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

(auto-)reverting buffers in image-mode does not redisplay the new image
in other frames and I think should.  The image-after-revert-hook in
image-mode.el could be made to redraw all frames, not merely the one
auto-revert (e.g.) is running from, no ?

A. Politz

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2011-04-08 on builder1-tc2ams, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 1:20110408-1+squeeze)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
configured using `configure  '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--host' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes' '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp' '--without-compress-info' '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-imagemagick=yes' 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g -Wl,--as-needed' 'CPPFLAGS=''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: C
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-p C-p C-l C-x n w C-x 5 1 C-x 4 b i m a <tab> . <tab> 
<return> C-x o C-x b l o s d . l <tab> <return> <backspace> 
C-c C-c C-x 3 C-x C-o b C-/ C-x 4 b C-g C-x 4 C-o l 
<backspace> i m a g e . p n g <return> C-c C-c C-x 
o C-x b i m a <tab> . p n g <return> C-- C-x o C-x 
o M-x a u M-p <return> C-- C-x o 0 C-c C-c <backspace> 
C-c C-c 0 C-c C-c C-x b r e <tab> <backspace> <backspace> 
f i <tab> <M-backspace> <M-backspace> <M-backspace> 
i m <tab> <tab> - m o <tab> <return> C-l C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-M-a C-M-SPC M-w C-x b . e m <tab> <return> M-> 
M-; f i x e s SPC C-j C-j C-y C-p M-m C-f m a p c SPC 
' C-M-f M-f M-b M-d C-d M-f - l i s t C-f C-x C-e C-e 
) <backspace> C-n C-M-b C-M-x C-x o C-x 5 2 <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> C-x 1 
C-x b l o s <tab> l u <tab> <return> C-b C-d C-c C-c 
C-x b f i <tab> <return> C-u C-SPC C-x 1 C-l C-M-a 
C-M-f C-M-a C-s s e l e <return> C-M-a M-x i m e n 
u <return> r e v e r t - b u f f e r <return> C-x n 
d C-v C-v C-l M-v C-l C-v C-v C-l M-v C-l C-x b C-g 
C-s C-g C-x n w C-s r e v e r t - C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s 
C-s C-g C-x b i m <tab> <tab> - m <tab> <return> C-M-SPC 
M-w M-x r e p o <tab> r t - e <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Wrote /home/politza/.emacs
Compilation finished
Reverting buffer `image.png'.
Mark set [2 times]
Mark saved where search started
Mark set [2 times]
Quit [3 times]
Making completion list...
Mark set
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/site-lisp/debian-startup hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message sendmail format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug url-util
url-parse auth-source eieio gnus-util password-cache url-vars mm-util
mail-prsvr edebug goto-addr two-column autorevert follow mule-util
make-mode info haskell-font-lock haskell-mode ispell bookmark pp
thingatpt imenu server skeleton autoinsert browse-url lua-mode
face-remap cus-start cus-load quail org-table org-wl org-w3m org-vm
org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp
ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-agenda org-info org-gnus org-docview
org-bibtex org-bbdb org byte-opt warnings bytecomp byte-compile cconv
macroexp advice advice-preload ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-complete
pcomplete org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs time-date
noutline outline easy-mmode cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs tabify man
assoc image-mode sh-script executable jka-compr find-func help-fns
edmacro kmacro wdired calc-undo calc-misc calc-aent calc-yank calc-ext
calc-menu calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs reposition apropos avoid shell
newcomment iso-transl dabbrev cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs multi-isearch dired-aux
grep compile comint ring dired regexp-opt debug help-mode easymenu view
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)