Subject: Re: bug#8562: Emacs 23.1 and later don't work in windows 98

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 06:09:03 +0300

> Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 23:55:46 +0200
> From: oslsachem <[email-masked]>
> 
> Hi, emacs no longer works under windows 98 since emacs version 23.1.
> 
> It worked with version 22.3.
> 
> This problem has been already reported at
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-emacs-windows/2009-09/msg00042.html
> 
> The suggested solution doesn't seem to work.

Which suggested solution is that?  There were 2 in that thread.

Anyway, Emacs developers need help to debug this, as none of us has
access to a Windows 9X machine anymore.  If you are willing to work
with us, I'm sure we will find the solution.

And no, we don't want to discontinue support for running Emacs on
Windows 9X, not yet anyway.

TIA