Subject: Re: bug#8562: Emacs 23.1 and later don't work in windows 98

From: oslsachem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 12:53:29 +0200

> So the problem must be that FRAME_LINE_HEIGHT (WINDOW_XFRAME ((W)))
> returns a negative value.  Can you verify that?  In frame #1, please
> type "print f->line_height" and see if the value is negative or maybe a
> large positive (which causes the multiplication in WINDOW_TOTAL_HEIGHT
> to overflow).
>
> If the value of f->line_height is indeed bogus, please put a
> breakpoint in x_new_font, run Emacs again, and when the breakpoint
> breaks, step through that function and see why it doesn't put a valid
> value into this field.  This should happen on line 5280 of w32term.c:
>
>  FRAME_LINE_HEIGHT (f) = font->height;
>
> If this indeed assigns a bogus value, please show the contents of the
> `font' structure ("print *font" at GDB prompt).

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28635231/Emacs-23.3GDBfont.txt

Greetings,
                Osl