Subject: Re: bug#8562: Emacs 23.1 and later don't work in windows 98

From: oslsachem <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 00:32:16 +0200

>> I have only observed that:
>> - Emacs chooses the ansi versions of the functions LookupAccountSid
>> and GetFileSecurity.
>
> That's OK, and has no relation to the problem at hand.  First, file
> security is not available on filesystems supported by Windows 9X.  And
> second, even if they were, Emacs currently uses only the ANSI versions
> of those functions anyway.

I'm sorry for bringing up this issue. I should have realized of that
myself: these functions are not in the list of unicode functions
called by Emacs which are implemented in unicows.dll, which I
previously posted in this thread.

> So if you call GetGlyphOutlineW through a function pointer, like you
> did with the other 2 functions, and do NOT link against libunicows, do
> you then get a working binary?  It would be good to run such a binary
> for a while, and see if something else is broken, if you can afford
> that.

Of course, I will check it.

> Anyway, thanks for your great help.  I think we will have a solution
> very soon.

Thanks to you for your instructions.

Greetings,
                  Osl