Subject: bug#8561: 24.0.50; Test programme to check net/if.h is faulty

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 23:15:27 +0200

Hello!

Now at revno: 104020 I see that this test programme is faulty. It has

	#if HAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H
	#include <sys/socket.h>
	#endif

but HAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H is neither defined in the test programme nor on  
the command line of gcc's invocation. So sys/socket.h is not included,  
sockaddr and sockaddr_storage are not declared and gcc complains:

	In file included from conftest.c:87:0:
	/usr/include/net/if.h:259:19: error: field 'ifru_addr' has incomplete  
type
	/usr/include/net/if.h:260:19: error: field 'ifru_dstaddr' has  
incomplete type
	/usr/include/net/if.h:261:19: error: field 'ifru_broadaddr' has  
incomplete type
	/usr/include/net/if.h:298:18: error: field 'ifra_addr' has incomplete  
type
	/usr/include/net/if.h:299:18: error: field 'ifra_broadaddr' has  
incomplete type
	/usr/include/net/if.h:300:18: error: field 'ifra_mask' has incomplete  
type
	/usr/include/net/if.h:374:26: error: field 'addr' has incomplete type
	/usr/include/net/if.h:375:26: error: field 'dstaddr' has incomplete  
type

This is related to bug#8383.

--
Greetings

   Pete                           <]
              o        __o         |__    o       HPV, the real
     ___o    /I       -\<,         |o \  -\),-%     high speed!
___/\ /\___./ \___...O/ O____.....`-O-'-()--o_________________