Subject: Re: oops, NOTABUG - sorry, oops, STILLABUG

From: Jason Vas Dias <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 21:39:03 +0100

PATCH :   make libtool honor gcc -print-search-dirs and
/etc/ld.so.conf properly under a '$ setarch '{alternate
sub-architecture: eg i686 on x86_64}

[ root@jvdspc:/tmp/poppler 21:34:17 604:103 ]
$ diff -U0 /usr/bin/libtool /tmp/libtool
--- /usr/bin/libtool    2011-04-13 15:49:58.000000000 +0100
+++ /tmp/libtool        2011-04-22 21:33:50.551636478 +0100
@@ -275 +275 @@
-sys_lib_search_path_spec="/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/lib64
/usr/lib64 /lib64 /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/lib "
+sys_lib_search_path_spec="$(${CC:-gcc} $CFLAGS -print-search-dirs
|sed -n '/^libraries:/{s/^libraries[:=\ \       ]*//;s/:/\ /g;p}')"
@@ -278 +278 @@
-sys_lib_dlsearch_path_spec="/lib /usr/lib /usr/lib64 /lib64
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/lib64
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.0 /usr/qt/4.6/lib64
/usr/kde/4.3/lib64 /usr/java/lib64 /usr/lib32 /lib32
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/lib32
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.0/32
/usr/lib32/opengl/xorg-x11/lib /usr/lib32/nspr /usr/lib32/nss
/usr/java/lib32 "
+sys_lib_dlsearch_path_spec="cpp /etc/ld.so.conf | egrep -v '^\#' | tr '\n' ' '"
[ root@jvdspc:/tmp/poppler 21:37:01 605:104 ]