Subject: bug#8537: oops, NOTABUG - sorry, oops, STILLABUG

From: Jason Vas Dias <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 20:16:56 +0100

$ ls -l /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.0/32/libstdc++.so{,.6.0.15}
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      19 Apr  8 03:50
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.0/32/libstdc++.so ->
libstdc++.so.6.0.15
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4554464 Apr  8 03:45
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.0/32/libstdc++.so.6.0.15
[ root@jvdspc:/tmp/poppler 20:12:02 591:91 ]
$ cat /etc/ld.so.conf
/usr/lib64
/lib64
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/lib64
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.0
/usr/lib64/nspr
/usr/lib64/nss
/usr/qt/4.6/lib64
/usr/kde/4.3/lib64
/usr/java/lib64
/usr/lib32
/lib32
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/lib32
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.0/32
/usr/lib32/nspr
/usr/lib32/nss
/usr/java/lib32

Now, the native 64-bit ld.so.conf value should NOT override in libtool
the first directory printed by 'gcc -print-search-dirs | grep
libraries'
or that found by doing 'cd ${LIBDIR:-/usr/lib}/$(gcc $CFLAGS
-print-multi-os-directory}; pwd' - because this value is what gcc uses
internally for its libraries, NOT the ld.so.conf value .