Subject: RE: oops, NOTABUG - sorry, oops, STILLABUG

From: Jason Vas Dias <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 19:49:33 +0100

OK, so now we get to the final link - I've totally removed the old
/usr/bin/32/ binutils stuff, and no */32 is in $PATH, but still
libtool fails:

libtool: link: g++  -fPIC -DPIC -shared -nostdlib
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.0/../../../../lib64/crti.o
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.0/crtbeginS.o
.libs/SplashOutputDev.o .libs/DCTStream.o .libs/JPXStream.o
.libs/Annot.o .libs/Array.o .libs/BuiltinFont.o
.libs/BuiltinFontTables.o .libs/CachedFile.o .libs/Catalog.o
.libs/CharCodeToUnicode.o .libs/CMap.o .libs/DateInfo.o
.libs/Decrypt.o .libs/Dict.o .libs/Error.o .libs/FileSpec.o
.libs/FontEncodingTables.o .libs/Form.o .libs/FontInfo.o
.libs/Function.o .libs/Gfx.o .libs/GfxFont.o .libs/GfxState.o
.libs/GlobalParams.o .libs/Hints.o .libs/JArithmeticDecoder.o
.libs/JBIG2Stream.o .libs/Lexer.o .libs/Linearization.o .libs/Link.o
.libs/LocalPDFDocBuilder.o .libs/Movie.o .libs/NameToCharCode.o
.libs/Object.o .libs/OptionalContent.o .libs/Outline.o
.libs/OutputDev.o .libs/Page.o .libs/PageTransition.o .libs/Parser.o
.libs/PDFDoc.o .libs/PDFDocEncoding.o .libs/PDFDocFactory.o
.libs/PopplerCache.o .libs/ProfileData.o .libs/PreScanOutputDev.o
.libs/PSTokenizer.o .libs/Rendition.o .libs/StdinCachedFile.o
.libs/StdinPDFDocBuilder.o .libs/Stream.o .libs/strtok_r.o
.libs/UnicodeMap.o .libs/UnicodeTypeTable.o .libs/ViewerPreferences.o
.libs/XRef.o .libs/PSOutputDev.o .libs/TextOutputDev.o
.libs/PageLabelInfo.o .libs/SecurityHandler.o .libs/Sound.o
.libs/XpdfPluginAPI.o  -Wl,--whole-archive ../goo/.libs/libgoo.a
../fofi/.libs/libfofi.a ../splash/.libs/libsplash.a
-Wl,--no-whole-archive  /usr/lib32/libtiff.so -L/usr/lib32
/usr/lib32/libjpeg.so /usr/lib32/libpng15.so /usr/lib32/libfreetype.so
-lz -lfontconfig -L/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.0
-L/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.0/../../../../lib64
-L/lib/../lib64 -L/usr/lib/../lib64
-L/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.0/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/lib
-L/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.0/../../..
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.0/libstdc++.so -lm -lc -lgcc_s
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.0/crtendS.o
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.0/../../../../lib64/crtn.o
-m32 -O2 -pthread -Wl,-L/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.0/32
-Wl,-L/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/lib32 -Wl,-L/usr/lib32
-Wl,-L/lib32 -Wl,-R/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.0/32:/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.0/lib32:/usr/lib32:/lib32
-Wl,--dynamic-linker -Wl,/lib32/ld-linux.so.2   -pthread -Wl,-soname
-Wl,libpoppler.so.14 -o .libs/libpoppler.so.14.0.0
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.0/libstdc++.so: could not read
symbols: File in wrong format