Subject: What awk program and version are you using?

From: Dennis Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 16:12:34 -0400 (EDT)

> Thank you for the report.
> What awk program and version are you using?

aster $ which awk
/usr/local/bin/awk
aster $ which gawk
/usr/local/bin/gawk
aster $
aster $ ls -lapin /usr/local/bin/awk /usr/local/bin/gawk
2796264 lrwxrwxrwx 1 16411 1002      4 Mar  3 01:48 /usr/local/bin/awk ->
gawk
2796230 -rwxrwxr-x 2 16411 1002 279270 Dec 26 18:54 /usr/local/bin/gawk

aster $ awk --version
GNU Awk 3.0.1
Copyright (C) 1989, 1991-1996 Free Software Foundation.

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307, USA.
aster $

> Also, what distribution are you using?

aster $ cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.32-5-amd64 (Debian 2.6.32-31) ([email-masked]) (gcc
version 4.3.5 (Debian 4.3.5-4) ) #1 SMP Mon Mar 7 21:35:22 UTC 2011

Debian Linux stable ( squeeze ) on Sun Ultra 20 workstation hardware, 8G
memory and the usual bits.

Let me know if I can help in any way on this.

-- 
Dennis Clarke
[email-masked]  <- Email related to the open source Solaris
[email-masked]   <- Email related to open source for Solaris