Subject: Re: bug#8506: 24.0.50; Wrong column count

From: Eli Barzilay <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 17:03:25 -0400

6 hours ago, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> 25 minutes ago, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > [...]
> > This is intentional.
> > [...]
> > 
> > However, at least on my machine, with "Arial Unicode MS" font, the
> > character actually displays thinner than normal, so perhaps the font
> > is wrong.
> 
> Yeah, I have a similarly narrower rendering, using Consolas.

Two more points:

* It looks like it might be intentionally narrower -- I see that it's
  exactly 1.5 times narrower than plain characters.

* Perhaps a better complaint would have been about cursor navigation.
  I'm editing more text with those brackets, and the random horizontal
  jumps make it a nightmare.

But at least I can now do

  (set-char-table-range char-width-table '(#x2329 . #x232A) 1)

which less erroneous than the actual

  (set-char-table-range char-width-table '(#x2329 . #x232A) 0.666)

-- 
          ((lambda (x) (x x)) (lambda (x) (x x)))          Eli Barzilay:
                    http://barzilay.org/                   Maze is Life!