Subject: Re: bug#8505: 24.0.50; frame grows horizontally if scroll-bar-mode is non-nil

From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 23:13:36 +0200

Hello.

I've checked in fixes for these issues.
Gtk3 has a new sizing policy in place that totally breaks GtkFixed w.r.t. 
resize.  GtkFixed is what Emacs uses so we suffered from all the bugs.
The theme change is also fixed.  Please test it.

Thanks,

	Jan D.

Daiki Ueno skrev 2011-06-06 03.23:
> Jan Djärv<[email-masked]>  writes:
>
>> I've checked in a fix.  But it occured to me that the wrong thing will
>> happen if the theme is changed while Emacs runs, and the theme changed
>> to has the wider scroll bar.  Can you change theme in Gnome 3?
>
> Thanks for the quick fix - it now normally starts up.  However, yes, if
> I start it with "HighContrast" theme and change it to "Adwaita" (by
> using gnome-tweak-tool), the wrong thing happens again.
>
> Also, I noticed that I can no longer shrink the window horizontally by
> dragging the scrollbar from right to left - it only grows regardless of
> dragging direction.
>
> Regards,