Subject: bug#8505: 24.0.50; frame grows horizontally if scroll-bar-mode is non-nil

From: Daiki Ueno <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 15:35:28 +0900

If I build emacs with ./configure --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 and start it
with emacs -Q, the width of the Emacs window is growing with the lapse
of time.

If I build emacs with ./configure --with-x-toolkit=gtk (not gtk3), or
run emacs -Q --eval '(scroll-bar-mode -1)', the problem does not occur.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.0.8)
 of 2011-04-15 on localhost.localdomain
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11000000
configured using `configure  '--enable-maintainer-mode' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' 'CFLAGS=-Wall -g -O0''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<return> y L C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p <escape> g <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> 
<mouse-1> <escape> x r e p o r t SPC e m a <tab> <
return>

Recent messages:
No more unread newsgroups
No Gnus is good news

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/custom hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/custom
~/.emacs.d/socks hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/socks

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-cite flyspell ispell mail-extr emacsbug url-util
url-parse url-vars rot13 disp-table gnus-topic nndraft nnmh epa-file epa
derived epg utf-7 rfc2104 auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv assoc network-stream starttls nnimap parse-time tls
utf7 netrc nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime
password-cache dig mailcap nntp gnus-cache nnir gnus-sum macroexp
gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source nnoo gnus-start gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail regexp-opt format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems
nnheader gnus-util time-date mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr uniquify
advice help-fns advice-preload deal which-func imenu recentf tree-widget
wid-edit easymenu iswitchb cus-start cus-load tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)