Subject: bug#8504: add more query-replace choice keys

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 06:14:01 +0200

[email-masked] writes:

> There should be a key to say "yes, replace this occurrence, but
> keep the case exact"!
>
> That way one wouldn't have to fiddle with any other variables and also
> have the flexibility of two types of case policy, all within the same
> query-replace session!

I think that sounds like a good idea -- I've often been frustrated by
this.  I.e., if you have

East

and (query-replace "east" "west") and then hit `E' to edit to weST,
it'll replace that with EaST.

So a precise-edit command would be nice, where it would replace that
with weST.

Perhaps Juri has some comments; added to the CCs.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no